If you told me making bread was this easy, I would have done it years ago!
Fairly simple, but time consuming to allow to rise, still probably quicker than loading kids in the car and braving the shops!
Ingredients, yields 4 buns
½ cup of pureed beetroot (I buy the vacuum sealed packs, approximately 3 bulbs and half a cup of filtered water and whiz it up in the smoothie attachment of my blender to achieve this quantity)
1 tablespoon of dried yeast
½ tablespoon of oil (I use olive oil, but grapeseed or any other neutral flavoured oil will do)
1 ½ teaspoons of stevia
1 ½ teaspoons of salt
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 ½ cups of gluten free flour (plain flour is also ok to use!)
Extra olive oil to brush, I use olive oil spray
Seeds of your choice – poppy seeds, sesame seeds work really well!
1. Combine puree, yeast, salt, oil and sugar and whisk until bubbles appear
2. Add flour and baking powder and mix through until a ball of dough is formed
3. Knead for about 5 minutes
4. Transfer to oiled glass bowl and cover with damp tea towel
5. Leave in a warm place for about 2 hours to allow to rise
6. Flour a clean surface and knead until the air is out, divide into 4 balls
7. Place on lined baking tray, cover with plastic wrap loosely and let sit for another hour to rise again
8. Spray with olive oil and add seeds of your choice
9. Place into a preheated oven of 190 degrees Celsius / 375 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 10 mins
10. Fill with your favourite burger fillings and enjoy! x