Ingredients for “wings”
1 large head of cauliflower
½ cup soy or almond milk
About ½ cup of water
¾ cup of chickpea flour (I love the taste this adds to the dish, but will work with normal or gluten free flour too)
2 teaspoons of freshly minced garlic
½ teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1 teaspoon of salt
Pepper to taste
3 tablespoons of Nuttelex or other vegan butter
¾ of a cup of your favourite hot sauce
Carrots, celery, cucumber to take away some heat!
Not quite ranch dressing
1 cup soaked cashews
3 cloves of roast garlic
½ cup soy milk
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees Celsius/420 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into florets resembling chicken wing size
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients well, add water and milk to form a batter. (You may need more or less water, depending on desired thickness)
- Place cauliflower in the bowl making sure that each piece is coated, remove each piece individually and place on lined tray in a single layer (you don’t want any excess batter on the tray as it will burn)
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden
- Place all of the ranch dressing ingredients into a blender (I use the smoothie attachment of my Nutri Ninja) and whiz up until combined well. Pour into ramekin, cover and put in the fridge until you’re ready to eat.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan on low heat melt vegan butter and mix in hot sauce. Remove from the heat just as it starts to melt.
- Once the 20 mins is up, toss the cauliflower in the hot sauce mix and place back on same tray and put back in the oven for another 25 minutes so it really crisps up!
- Serve immediately with the ranch and desired veggies 😉