It’s not until I had kids that I started to really pay attention to nutritional information on labels, I always knew how to read them, but preferred to ignore and consume anyway.
I make my own now so I know exactly what’s going in their little tummies!
2 cups of oats (I use quick oats)
1 cup of coconut – either desiccated, shredded or flakes
½ cup of ground flaxseed or cocoa – (I use the Celebrate Health Flaxseed with Cocoa & Berries mix)
½ cup maple syrup
½ melted coconut oil
½ cup dried prunes, diced
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of frozen berries of your choosing
Nuts are optional too
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius/375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the berries in large bowl, stir until well combine.
- Place of a lined tray and sprinkle the berries on top
- Bake for three 6 minute interval stirring each time to avoid clumps
- Let cool completley before placing in air tight container
- This will keep for about a week or so in the cupboard and yields about 3-4 cups
- Serve with your favourite yogurt (Nakula is my fave), milk or enjoy on its own.
Yields 12 generous servings, and costs around $1.25 (excluding nuts, I’m not a big fan!)
* Pricing based on quantities used in recipe and purchased price of ingredients