In the theme of hiding vegetables, I present my version of savoury muffins.
So simple and easy!
If you don’t have chickpea flour at home, you can easily substitute with regular plain flour.
These are dairy free, gluten free and packed with fibre and protein.
Yields 6 large muffins
1 cup of chickpea flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of vegan Parmesan (I use the Oliano brand available at Woolworths)
1 cup soy milk
2 cups of frozen veggies – I’ve used peas and corn, thawed (broccoli will work too!)
½ – 1 teaspoon of salt
Tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius/375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Use a blender or smoothie attachment to blend thawed frozen veggies
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, Parmesan, soy milk and stir well
- Add the blended veggies and oil and mix well
- Line muffin trays with cups or spray really well to ensure the mixture doesn’t stick and bake for 22 minutes or until golden
- Serve and enjoy!