I got a massive bunch of basil at the green grocer that was going off, so excuse another pesto dish!
We are heading to the Jets game later so made these for the boys to snack on. Again, so quick and easy!
Yields 6 large muffins
1 cup of plain gluten free flour
½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of vegan shredded cheddar (I use the bio cheese brand available at Woolworths)
1 cup soy milk
1 ½ cups of steamed broccoli, cooled
1 cup of spinach
1 punnet of fresh basil
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius/375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Chop the broccoli, spinach and basil all together, never mind if there are a few chunks in there.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cheddar, soy milk, salt and stir well
- Add chopped veggies and oil and mix well
- Line muffin trays with cups or spray really well to ensure the mixture doesn’t stick and bake for 22 minutes or until golden
- Can be enjoyed warm or cold, enjoy!
If you haven’t used bio-cheese before, don’t be alarmed if it’s a little stickier than regular cheese.