1 – 2 bulbs of fennel, depending on size, trimmed saving the fronds for later (the leafy bits)
Salt & Pepper
1 cup of cous cous
1 ½ cups of boiled water
Handful of mint leaves, cut finely
Garlic to taste
½ cup of veggie stock
12 brussel sprouts, halved
200g Green beans
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup of olive oil
Thumb of fresh ginger, sliced
Handful of mint
Juice of one lemon
- In a jar or squeezy bottle, combine the ingredients of the mint oil, shake and set aside (best to make this the day before for the flavour to really be infused in the oil)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius / 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Slice fennel bulbs to about ½ cm – 1 cm thick and place on lined baking tray.
- Cover generously with olive oil and salt. Bake for 20 minutes, turning half way.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, add olive oil, garlic over a medium heat. Add brussel sprouts, cut side down, cook for a couple of minutes until they start to char.
- Add half of the stock and green beans stirring until the stock is absorbed. Once absorbed add remaining stock.
- Place cous cous and water in large bowl, season with salt and pepper and cover with a plate and let sit for a few minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir mint through.
- Divide cous cous, brussel sprouts, beans, fennel and tomatoes and garnish with fennel fronds. Drizzle with mint oil and enjoy!