w/ black beans, spicy nacho cheese and sunflower cream
Feeling way more inspired lately, so cooking a lot more.
My chef course is just around the corner so (finally) doing my homework and typing up recipes I’ve been working on.
I tend to think about what I’m having for dinner the next day and soak whatever legume or nut the dish requires. I find it easier to soak the night before, but if you forget or are really in the mood for a particular dish, you can also boil the nuts/seeds/legumes for 10-15 minutes.
I usually just throw whatever I feel like into a mashed avocado to make my guacamole however I know it’s a very personal thing, so please use your favourite recipe.
The sunflower seed sour cream is a great topping for soups or to have in burgers.
Like it’s name, the nacho cheese is AMAZING on top of nachos as well as in burritos and on tacos, or just eaten straight from the sauce pan.
So here it is, hope you enjoy!
I’d love to see your posts so make sure to tag @themotherofvegans on Instagram x x
4 medium sized sweet potatoes, washed well, skins on.
- Preheat oven to 190c / 375F
- Using a fork, prick holes in sweet potatoes, this will allow the heat to reach the centre and will also avoid the skin bursting.
- Massage olive oil into the skins of the potatoes
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until cooked (cook time may vary depending on the size of your potatoes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, brunoise/diced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup dried black beans, cooked or 2 cans of drained black beans rinsed really well
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon cumin
1 tablespoon ground coriander
1 tablespoon of salt
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 tablespoon oregano
3 tablespoons organic tomato paste
2 – 3 cups water
- Heat oil in a heavy base saucepan with a lid and add onion, stir until it becomes aromatic
- Add all of the spices and garlic, stir for a few minutes
- Add black beans, water and tomato paste, stir well and allow them to come to a boil
- Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for 15-20 minutes
1/2 cup cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours
3 tablespoons abode chipotle sauce
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tsp paprika
1 cup water
Salt to taste
Blend all ingredients in blender for about 2-3 minutes.
Pour into a sauce pan and heat over a medium heat until it begins to thicken, once at desired consistency, remove from heat and serve immediately.
Sunflower seed sour cream
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for at least 6 hours
2 cups water
2 tablespoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon salt
Blend ingredients until combined, transfer to an air tight container and consume within 5 days.
When everything is done, ASSEMBLE that bad boy, the taller the better!